medical error is at epidemic levels in the United States. Now, from
a leading patient advocate, a book that could save your life.
Medical mistakes claim more lives each year than breast cancer, AIDS,
and motor-vehicle crashes combined; an estimated 40,000 incidents of
medical harm happen every day.
Millions more Americans suffer from indifferent, outdated health care.
The good news is that you can prevent this from happening to you or
a family member.
Better yet, you can find the very best care in the world.
Patrick Malone’s sensible advice and real-life anecdotes will
inspire you to take charge of your own health care, make the best choices,
and avoid serious harm.
With the “Necessary Nine”—the essential steps to
finding the best medical care— The Life You
Save offers vital
information such as:
• The single most important question you can ask your doctor
• Why a top primary care doctor is your best ally, and where to find
• How to sort fact from hype in medical news
• When to know you have symptoms your doctor should not shrug off
• Checklists to help you get out of the hospital in one piece
• Where to locate the best surgeons and safest hospitals
• How to obtain—and read—your own medical
With a comprehensive Resources section and a chapter on what do to
if medical error has occurred, The Life You Save is the guide to getting
the health care you need and deserve.
Read the First Chapter of The
Life You Save »
Subscribe to RSS headline updates from: Patient Safety Blog
Powered by FeedBurner